Certain artwork, photography, and logos used on this website are copyrighted intellectual property of my clients and are used here by permission. In addition, client logos, signage, and names may be trademarked. These materials may not be reproduced elsewhere, except by their respective copyright and trademark holders.
The Smiling GB Face illustration and gb logo device are copyright 2006 Gregory Bowers, and may not be reproduced or used in any way without permission. Permission may be granted for usage, in reference to Gregory Bowers, his work, or this site, in articles or publications. Inquiries may be sent via the contact form.
All other materials, including text, artwork, and design, are copyright 1999–2017 to Gregory Bowers, and may not be reproduced elsewhere without explicit written permission.
You may adapt techniques used in the Cascading Style Sheet in your projects, but the unique combination of images, colours, sizes, typography, and positioning (aka “the design”) is copyright 2006 Gregory Bowers and may not be reproduced. Simply changing a few colours doesn't make design theft okay.
If you feel that I have inadvertantly used your work and not properly credited you, please let me know. Making a site is a long process and things get left out!
I am a strong advocate of privacy rights, so I would never dream of harvesting personal data. Here is exactly what data this site gathers:
- General Server log information: All webservers do this. General info like the requesting ip, browser type, refering page. Usual server logs that every site on the internet have. This information is basically used by my host to check bandwidth. Logs are not kept nor heavily scrutinised. Nothing personally identifiable.
- Cookies: I use TextPattern to manage the content of this site; if you make a comment on a post, the contact information you leave is stored in a cookie, so you don't have to type it again upon returning. This information (name, email, and URI, if given) are stored by TextPattern to identify who made the comment. This information is never sold/given out, etc. The email address entered is only visible by me (not to the general public viewing the site), and is only used for comment validation. Your email is safe with me. I hate spam more than you do… trust me.
- Statistics: I run Shaun Inman's Mint statistic package on the server. The only information it gathers is as follows (and records are purged every few weeks):
- Browser type and version
- Refering site (who linked to me)
- Resource requried (what page you loaded)
- Platform (operating system)
- Screen Resolution
- Presence of Flash
- Search String (what was searched for in, say, Google, to find the page you requested.
If you choose to send me a message via my contact form, the data you enter (plus date & time and, I believe the IP) are all I see. None of this info is used in any commercial or unsolicted form (IE, I'm not going to add you to any mailing lists or do something jerky like that. Like I said... I hate spam).